MALDEN, MA – The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education will hold a series of public forums across the Commonwealth on the upcoming decision on whether to sunset the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) and adopt the Partnership for the Assessment of College and Careers (PARCC). Members of the public will be invited to attend and offer their perspectives on the PARCC assessments on the following dates:
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015, Fitchburg State University, Hammond Hall, 3:00-6:00 p.m. (following the regular Board meeting)
- Monday, May 18, 2015, Bunker Hill Community College, A300 Auditorium, 4:00-7:00 p.m. (in lieu of the special Board meeting)
- Wednesday, June 10, 2015, Bridgewater State University, Rondileau Campus Center Ballroom, 4:00-7:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 22, 2015, North Shore Community College-Lynn Campus, Gymnasium, 4:00-7:00 p.m. (in lieu of the special Board meeting)
- Tuesday, July 7, 2015, Springfield Technical Community College, Top of Our City Conference Center, 4:00–7:00 p.m.